Sunday, April 8, 2007

:: Skyscrapers ::

My perspective about high Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers seem to be the things that always stand aside most metropolises around the world. Apparently, they require those high building for increasing their limited uses spaces. Hong Kong, Newyork City or Chicago are the good instances. Those high buildings entirely impact the skyline of the cities. You may see high buildings everywhere instead of horizon. I have heard that price of properties and lands in Hong Kong are usaually very high. Most of people in Hong Kong are living in the condominium or high building which is difference from my country which still be possible to occuppy own lands in the metropolis. Anyways, Skyscrapers are a great solution to compact the cities. In a few years, we probably see more and more cities that have a lot of high buildings

Skyscrapers also represent the sign of prosperous and modern era. In fact, Dubai is a city which has many attracted skyscrapers. By the 2008s, the new tallest skyscraper will be finished in Dubai. I don’t think that Dubai are facing lack of land uses like Hong Kong but those skyscrapers are going to be the landmarks and it also tempt many tourists around the world to visit Dubai. Super-high skyscraper also represent the images of civilized city and show the power of human 's technology which can beat the obtacles of nature.

My experience about Skyscraper

I don’t have many experiences about super-high skyscrapers actually. The tallest floor that I have ever lived was on the 32 floor condominium building. At that height, I shook when I was looking down from the balcony but in generally I feel comfortable to stay high. I like it because most of high buildings are well design and well built. They always host many kinds of facilities such as shopping centers, entertainment centers and restaurants.

I would like to provide some information about skyscraper in my city. The tallest skyscraper in Thailand is Baiyoke Tower II. This 84-stories building was situated in the central part of Bangkok. In term of height, Baiyoke Towers II is apparently not outstanding if comparing to other super high skyscrapers in the world but if comparing among high hotel constructions. Baiyoke Towers II is 309 metres tall which is the third highest hotel building in the world and it is the tallest hotel in South-East Asia. On the 77 floor of the building, there is the 360 degree turning restaurant that you can enjoy your food and view the atmosphere of Bangkok City at the same time. I’ve been there once and it’s pretty cool. (FYI. 120 Thai baht for view seeing and 400 Thai baht for view seeing including 1 buffet style meal.)
** 30 baht = 1 canadian dollar ^^

4 comments:

cathy said...

Hello,great job ,Arti!I also like the tall buildings ,if you go higher,you can see more great view!

alice said...

Great job! Like your writing! Good English skill! It's good to write some of your opinions and your own experience in Thai.

Lania said...

I'm happy that you enjoyed to live in a skyscraper, unfortunatelly is not my case.I am afraid of high.hahaha...
Alina

nhan-vietnam said...

Hi Arti,
Excellent, I like your blog. I will be create 1 Skycraper's blog.
This article makes me excited.