Wednesday, May 16, 2007

:: Attending the Public Lecture ::

Ivan : Dams? Is it good?
Sang Yun : Ok
Arti : (...there are not many topics left...)
Arti : Ok !.........What is the topic?!?

Sang Yun : Good Dams Bad Dams
Arti: It's the best lecture ever...

It was 3 weeks ago. Actually, this is my first attending English public lecture. I found that their PowerPoint could help me a lot to following the content. Instructors occasionally use technical words or some difficult vocabulary that I don’t get familiar much but I could understand some words by guessing their speech and also reading some explanation from their slide. Actually, It’s really good because in my opinion, when I learn any new words in this way, it tends to be retained in my memory longer than general reading. (For me, It’s really true..)


PS. Because of we have 3 instructors for our public lecture, I feel more comfortable to listen the first speaker who is an English native speaker rather than the others and this is the benefits of living in Canada that we have more opportunities to learn the variety of pronunciations than any countries. Do u agree?

2 comments:

alice said...

Interesting!haha...good start!oh, and the trophy!haha... thank you!

mistone said...

Hello Arti, well then, Bush is a "good speaker" or "bad speaker"??